uslims are planning to build a mosque and community center in Lower Manhattan near the World Trade Center attack and people are in an uproar, are you serious? How dare the people who are supposed to uphold the freedoms of U.S. citizens try to deny them?
The argument is it is insensitive for Muslims to build where so many were killed by Islamic extremists. Why do certain people and factions of U.S. society want to act as if the only people killed on September 11, 2001 were “traditional looking” Americans? Muslims and people with characteristics of the terrorists, who attacked the United States on that day, also died. Here are the names of a few of them:
· Shabbir Ahmad (45 years old; Windows on the World; leaves wife and 3 children)
· Touri Bolourchi (69 years old; United Airlines #175; a retired nurse from Tehran)
· Abdul K. Chowdhury (30 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald)
· Mohammad S. Chowdhury (39 years old; Windows on the World; leaves wife and child born 2 days after the attack)
· Ramzi Attallah Douani (35 years old; Marsh & McLennan)
· Syed Fatha (54 years old; Pitney Bowes)
· Salman Hamdani (NYPD Cadet)
· Aisha Harris (21 years old; General Telecom)
· Shakila Hoque (Marsh & McLennan)
· Mohammad Shah Jahan (Marsh & McLennan)
· Mohammed Jawarta (MAS security)
· Sarah Khan (32 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald)
· Taimour Khan (29 years old; Karr Futures)
· Boyie Mohammed (Carr Futures)
· Rahma Salie & unborn child (28 years old; American Airlines #11; wife of Michael Theodoridis; 7 months pregnant)
· Khalid Shahid (25 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald; engaged to be married in November)
· Mohammed Shajahan (44 years old; Marsh & McLennan)
· Naseema Simjee (Franklin Resources Inc.'s Fiduciary Trust)
· Robert Elias Talhami (40 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald)
· Michael Theodoridis (32 years old; American Airlines #11; husband of Rahma Salie)
The terrorists who destroyed the World Trade Centers are bad people within the Islamic religion. There are bad people in every religion, of every race, culture, gender, and age group. Should a group of people with similar characteristics and backgrounds be held accountable for the actions of a few? And if so, the government needs to start rounding up and interrogating people who have characteristics and background similar to Timothy McVeigh, the extremist who blew up the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma, killing more than a hundred men, women, and children. His terrorist attack against the United States government was the worst on American soil prior to September 11TH.
Are the Sept 11th attacks being used as an excuse to perpetuate bigotry and violate people’s constitutional rights?